Current thought

I'd like to give thanks to people around me. Without them, I won't be who I am today. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, views, life perspectives, knowledge and whatnot.

Anyway, I had just finish reading an article on 


Funny writing yet, good way of questioning our own life. I do highly suggest anyone to read this ( if you do have an interest on finding life purpose ), religion / faith aside.

Here's the link :
http://markmanson.net/life-purpose

It's truly great, because he had inspire me on resuming my blog again. I had been having the thought that "whatever that I write is my opinion". The truth is, EVERYTHING THAT COMES FROM A HUMAN BEING IS AN OPINION. Because of that, how to find facts ? I found mine. It lies in that dusty book we left in our home.

And because of that, I stopped writing. I stopped sharing my thoughts. I stopped opening up myself to "thinking". I stopped myself from engaging to things I did before. I stopped myself from sharing what I gained from self reflection. I think I had nothing to offer anymore.

Anyway, here's to what I will be sharing tonight. It's about love. One of the greatest thing we're given in life.

Love is defined as.... Read it yourself







Blablabla. Okay, so I'd like to point out something. We all "love" something, someone or "the idea" of someone. Whatever. But we have to understand that love is about giving. Not purely receiving.

Just for an example, we love our Lord. Are we praying because we're expecting something in return ? Well in this case, we may put our faith in Him.

How about our love towards another being ? How do we show our love ?

Truth to be told, I, myself did understand differently before this. I've always thought that a companion is to support me & my goals, then will I support her & her goals. Bullshit, life isn't about priotizing ourselves. I wasn't falling in love with the person but rather searching another "thing" to support myself. Not seeing a lady to be "companion", instead a slave. I'm telling the bitter truth. Maybe something we haven't found out before.

Love is about giving. Expecting reciprocation isn't. So, the question towards ourselves would be "what are we willing to do for the person ?", "are we going to love the person when they don't feel the same ?" and so on... Make your own list of questions.

Ignite the thoughts. That's one of the keys of opening our mind in life.

Comments

Popular Posts